Thursday, June 18, 2009

Okay, I'm Frustrated With Online Advertising

I know that I generally talk about SEO on this blog, and that's definitely my focus, but I have to tell you that today I logged into my Blogger account(s) and couldn't believe my eyes. My posts automatically had words that were double underlined.

Apparently there was code added to all of my blogger templates for a link advertising type of service. Boy.. those hackers think they're so smart. So I used my limited html experience to find the code and delete it. What did they think? They were going to make money off of my blog?

So I guess the take-away here is that online marketing, seo, etc. is not set and forget... you need to look at it each and every day. The day that you don't, something can happen and it most likely will. I'm fortunate in that you, the reader, have been very helpful in keeping my blogs active, commenting, and giving me a heads up when something doesn't look right - the power of community.

This week, make sure to set up and SEO calendar. What activities do you do daily, weeekly, and monthly to market sure your SEO campaigns continue to add value to your web sites? Follow the schedule and you'll be successful!

No comments: