Sunday, March 28, 2010

Using Video To Promote Your Website

I've recently been using video to promote my websites and blogs.  The reason I've jumped on the video bandwagon is because Google's Universal search results seem to be displaying video more often.  By creating a video, even if it's simple and basic, is a great way to get your site promoted or listed on the top of search result lists.

Take his video below.  It's a quick tour of one of my sites.  As it gets bookmarked or referenced by others, it's building backlinks that are then redirected to my website URL.  This is done indirectly in that my website URL is in the description of the video on YouTube.


If you're not using video to promote your site you should consider doing so.  This will not only help by promoting the video for certain keywords in search results but also by attracting inbound links.  Open up a YouTube account today and start recording!

3 comments:

free font said...

good idea! I agree with you!

ReputationManagementConsultants.com said...

Especially now that video SEO is really getting big. Thanks.

selling a house said...

I think its a very good way to promote your product or services by using video method and its also good for gainiing some handy links for the targeted keywords.